Rocketts Red Glare - Labor Day Fireworks
**Due to inclimate weather, this event has been cancelled. We will be anouncing a new date shortly. Please stay tuned!
Summer’s going out with a bang at Rocketts Landing. So bring a blanket, a picnic basket and the whole family for an evening of music and fireworks this Labor Day. The Richmond Symphony will be here in concert, and then, once it gets dark, you can ooh and ahh as the fireworks burst over the James River in step with the 1812 Overture. It’s co-sponsored by Richmond.com and The Boathouse, in the city’s coolest new riverfront community.
Visit our Facebook page to RSVP and share this fabulous event with you friends and family!
If you’re planning to attend, here’s what you need to know:
- Parking and viewing options abound – see link to map below!
- Bring something to sit on
- Bring a picnic or dine at one of our three restaurants:
- The Boathouse (804 622-2628)
- Conch Republic Rocketts (804 226-6242)
- M Bistro & Wine Bar (804 652-2300)
- Purchase ice cream and ices from:
- Boyer’s Ice Cream
- Kona Shaved Ice
- Cherry Hill Ice Cream
- Soul-Ice Vending
- Dogs? Welcome if well-behaved and leashed
- Viewing suggestions other that Rocketts Landing:
- Libby Hill
28th and E. Franklin Streets
- Chimborazo Park
3200 E. Broad Street
- Gillies Creek Park
4425 Williamsburg Avenue
- Libby Hill
- Great Shiplock Park
Pear & Dock Streets
Need directions to Rocketts Landing? Click here.
For Parking and Viewing options click here.